Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Premise

Coffee. I have a lot of questions about it.
I've worked as a barista at a Tully's in Seattle for a little over a year now, but coffee has only now become something more than a job for me. There is so much to this substance, so many facets and things to learn. Over the past two weeks, I have not been able to focus on anything except my newfound fascination with coffee. What is it? Where did it come from? What does Italy have to do with coffee? How many different ways are there to brew it? How do you perform a proper cupping? How is it processed? Why is it processed that way? How old does a bean have to be to be "stale"?
There are a lot of questions that I want answers to. In an effort to inform myself and retain that information, as well as share some of my findings, I introduce you to my personal exploration of coffee.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment